Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Graciously, not Gracefully.

Sometimes following God is painful.  Sometimes He makes us watch as everything we’ve known is dissembled and cast to the wind.  The Israelites knew about it.  They watched as Jerusalem was “the cauldron” and their families “the meat for the stew”.  Hosea knew about it.  All of the disciples, including Paul knew about it.  Sometimes following God hurts.  Sometimes a lot.  Sometimes almost more than we can bear.

I don’t think that it is a coincidence that so many people, friends, family, even people I’ve never met before, have been sending encouragement my way right now.  God knows what is happening and what will happen, and I believe that he has influenced the people within (and without) my life to help me through a very difficult time.

So thank you.  Thank you to Hannah, John, Justin, Patrick, Angela, my parents, the entirety of the cowboy church congregation, Maegan, Jason, James, Megumi, Tom, Dakota, Elizabeth, Sarah, Rebecca, Savannah, Kyle and everyone who has sent me encouragement.  Thank you so much.  You all are impacting my life right now more than I could possibly express through words.  Thank you very much.  I feel God’s hand and I know it is from your supplication.  Thank you all so much.

Please, continue to pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment