Friday, August 12, 2011

Will work for Christ.

Man, it has been way too long since I posted an update.  It hasn't been for lack of things going on, oh, on the contrary, there has been goings on, and it hasn't really been for lack of time (I've had plenty).  So, no excuses, I must apologize for my truancy from blogging, but I commit to post more frequently.

I just finished filling out another application for another job.  I think I've filled out more than twenty of these things in the last few days.  It is difficult to find places that will sponsor an American to come teach so late in the year, though, because the visa application process is much more arduous for US citizens than people from other English speaking nations.  I have found a few that are willing to sponsor, but I figure it's probably not a bad idea to put applications into the companies that aren't, you know, just in case.  Plus it feels like I'm doing something, which brings me to the point of the post:

God gives us work to bless us.

Ask my parents, ask my friends, I guarantee the shock of my recent revelation is jaw-dropping.  If there is one person that complains about working more than I do, I have not met them.  However, due to my current state of unemployment I have started thinking about the concept of work and productivity.  God doesn't need me to work.  He doesn't need me to do anything.  If he did then he wouldn't be self-sufficient and wouldn't be a God worthy of worship or devotion.  However, God created man to work.  I mean, look at Adam.  First thing God does after his creation is put him in the garden to work (ESV Gen. 2:15).  So I have to conclude that God gave us work as a blessing.

Now I'm just praying that God will bless me.  So Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment